In part one of todays lesson we edited our mini chase scenes on Adobe Premiere.
We wanted our chase scene to look continuous, so we had to be very precise because we filmed different angles and shots.
The continuity of an overall film is important because it maintains the visual illusion of not noticing where we have actually cut bits out or filmed many times. At first we found it difficult to make the shot where I walked outside to the moment when I was turning around looked continuous but it worked out because the upbeat music brought a stylistic edge to the film.
Below is our edited film:
My role in the group was audio and sound. I found it difficult to find an appropriate audio file to go with the chase scene so I experimented a lot with different genres. I found a heart beat sound clip and decided to add that in because it built up tension of when Yeganeh was running away from me and I then faded the upbeat music of the actual fast pace scenes. I thought that the phone line at the end was effective because it was in time with the dramatic slap and it gave the film a sense of closure.
I enjoyed the editing process because it was interesting to see how by just changing for example the music, changes the mood or atmosphere of the film.
Next week, I would like to film so that I can get a chance to learn how to set white balance and explore more into composition.
In the second part of the lesson we were given the brief in the form of an A4 piece of writing, giving us a detailed outline of our 'It's up to you?' project.
In my group we brainstormed three possibilities of topics which wish to film. We came up with Smoking and Drinking, Running away and Relationships. I came up with the idea of Running away because it's an interesting topic if you go deep into it for example why the person runs away or what triggers the thought of packing a bag and leaving your life behind.
As a group we discussed how we will portray the message, in the form of a story board.
Next week, as a group our aim is to finish the storyboard, polish our verbal presentation to the client.
No comments:
Post a Comment